Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder Linked to Mesothelioma According to Recent Verdicts
Recently a California jury decided that Johnson & Johnson, the maker of Johnson & Johnson's Baby Powder, caused a 68-year-old woman's malignant mesothelioma.
She claimed that Johnson & Johnson knew that its product was dangerous and contained asbestos but did nothing to warn its customers about its dangers.
The woman sued both Johnson & Johnson and the companies that supplied it with the contaminated talc. Together the defendants have been ordered to pay $21.7 million to pay for her medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Have you been diagnosed with malignant mesothelioma after having used Johnson & Johnson's talc products? We can help. Call Danziger & De Llano today to set up a free consultation and learn more at 1-800-864-4000.
Talcum Powder's Dangers Cited in Other Mesothelioma Cases in the Past
This is not the first time a mesothelioma victim has blamed a talc-based powder product for their illness. A New Jersey man with mesothelioma was a lifelong user of Johnson & Johnson's Baby Powder and the company's Shower to Shower powder. He sued the company and was awarded $117 million by a jury. There was also an earlier case filed against Colgate Palmolive, the maker of a Cashmere Bouquet talcum powder, where a large verdict was awarded to the victim.
A case specialist will respond to your request within 24 hours. To request a FREE case evaluation call 1-800-864-4000.
Internal Memo Reveals that Johnson & Johnson Knew about the Dangers of Using their Talc Baby Powder
Johnson & Johnson denies that their talcum powder products ever contained asbestos. However, evidence has shown that a Johnson & Johnson scientist warned about it in a memo years ago. He wrote that the company would face legal action if anybody ever learned about the asbestos in their product.
What is Malignant Mesothelioma?
Malignant mesothelioma is one of the rarest forms of cancer, killing approximately 3,500 people in the United States per year. It was caused by exposure to asbestos, a mineral widely used for construction and insulation, until the mid-1970s, when its dangers were made known to the public by the Environmental Protection Agency. Since then, most deaths from the disease are blamed on people exposed to asbestos on the job, with other exposures remaining unexplained. However, the recent news that talcum powder products have been contaminated by asbestos for years has answered many.
We're here to help you and your family in your time of need. We'll gladly help you find answers to your questions or assist you in filing your claim today. Call us 1-800-864-4000 or fill out this short form today.